How to sign up for your Big Round World adventure
1. Pay your trip deposit to reserve your space. Click on the yellow Buy Now button below to make your payment via PayPal. You can use your credit/ debit card, no PayPal account is required. After payment, the trip forms can be found below. Please scroll down.
2. Submit your trip paperwork - Participant Application , Medical and Liability Waiver Forms. To securely complete the forms click on the following buttons. All three forms need to be completed and are required for each group member.
Note - each form must be fully completed in one go and can not be partially saved for completion later on.
Please fully read the Liability Waiver before signing. This form details your rights and liabilities. The following statement is included in the Liability Waiver:
"Big Round World reserves the right to decline to accept or retain me as a trip participant should my physical ability to complete the trip, behavior, health or mental condition impede the operation of the trip as determined by the Trip Leader. Trip Leaders have the right to require me to purchase hiking gear/ footwear if, in their judgment, mine is deemed unfit for the rigors of the trip. Trip Leaders have the right to disqualify me at any time during the trip if they feel I am incapable of continuing and/or if my continued participation jeopardizes the group's or my own safety and or enjoyment of the trip. Under these circumstances, refunds are not given."
For persons under the age of 18, the liability form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Acceptance of persons under 18 years old is subject to Trip Leader approval.
Note: your reservation is not confirmed until your non-refundable deposit payment and fully completed trip paperwork are received. See below for payment options.
Receipt of your deposit and forms will be confirmed by email.
The Trip Leader will connect with you within two weeks regarding next steps, to review your forms for completeness and to answer your trip questions. Some trips require Trip Leader approval for participation to ensure trip compatibility and thereby individual and group safety.
Our trip prices are based on double occupancy of rooms. See below for information re single supplements.
1. Payment options include credit/ debit card via PayPal, personal check, bankers draft and bank wire.
PayPal - use this secure on-line payment option supporting all major credit and debit cards.
Click on the yellow Buy Now button above to link to PayPal;
Under Purchase Details, click on the box titled Description and type in "trip name - deposit" eg Walking Tour in Provence - deposit;
Click on the box titled Price per Item and insert the amount you want to pay.
Click on Continue and follow the remaining instructions given by PayPal.
Personal check payable to “Big Round World" and mail to Big Round World, PO Box 1337, Lyons, CO 80540, USA. Insert trip name/date in the memo line.
Bank wire - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for bank wire details.
2. A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the trip cost per person is required to reserve a space.
3. Final payment is due 3 months before the trip start date. You can pay by the method of your choice, as above. You will receive an email invoice via PayPal including a link to their secure on-line payment system. This email reminder will be sent to you 4 months before the departure date.
Protect your investment by purchasing travel insurance. Big Round World has partnered with RoamRight as an optional service to our travelers. Get a free Travel Insurance quote, click on the RoamRight logo below.
There is no penalty for choosing to travel solo as long as you are willing to share with another person of the same gender. Same gender roommates are assigned by the Trip Leader at no additional cost to you. If there is no available roommate to be assigned - you will not be charged any extra. If you would like a double room for sole occupancy and are willing to pay the extra single supplement, please check availability before signing up. Prices vary between trips and availability is oftentimes limited.
There is no penalty for being wait-listed. The sign-up process is the same - complete your forms and pay the deposit. If the trip start date is within 90 days, you must pay the full trip cost. If you cancel off the wait-list before the trip start, you get a full refund. If no space opens up, your full payment is returned. While you are on the wait-list, we assume you want to join the trip. If a space opens up you will be moved onto the trip and have 7 days to confirm your participation. If you cancel from the trip after these 7 days, your refund, if any, will be as detailed under “Trip Cancellation”.