May 19 - 26, 2020
Trip Leader - Philippe Apchin | Assistant Leader - Deirdre Butler
Welcome to Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, the heart of the Alpilles Regional Park. Experience the hospitality of this charming little town, birthplace of Nostradamus, with its many café terraces and restaurants and enjoy the authentic French Provençal way of life. Our walking tour leads us from the exquisite hills of the Alpilles with the best Artisan & Crafts market in Provence, to the rugged beauty of the Luberon’s hilltop villages and the papal city of Avignon. We will also visit the UNESCO World Heritage Roman city of Arles, the wetlands of the Camargue with their unique wildlife and the medieval village of Les Baux-de-Provence.
While designed for the moderately active hiker, with walking distances between 5 – 8 miles and elevation gains up to 1200 feet, this trip can also accommodate non-walkers able to explore on their own. Group size 10-14.
Click here - Detailed Trip Itinerary:
- Lodging in boutique hotel (double-occupancy with en suite bath).
- All on-trip land transportation.
- Most on-trip meals.
- Entrance fees in Avignon (Palace and Bridge), St Paul de Mausole, Arles (Pass Liberté), Camargue nature reserve, archeological site of Glanum and Les Baux-de-Provence (Light Quarry and Castle).
- Local vineyard visit and award winning wine tasting.
- All hikes.
- Gratuities for local service providers.
- 4 pre - trip bulletins prior to departure with more detailed and specific information to help you prepare for your adventure.
What’s not included:
- International airfare and in-country travel, pre- and post- trip.
- Two lunches (Avignon & Arles).
- Beverages with meals.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for trip leaders are at your discretion.
Trip Price: $3,285 per person | Deposit: $821
Price is based on double occupancy of rooms. Same gender roommate will be assigned to participants traveling solo. Single supplements are limited. Your non-refundable deposit will hold your reservation. Either pay on line (credit/ debit cards accepted) using our secure PayPal payment system or write a check, payable to “Big Round World”, and mail it to: PO Box 1337, Lyons, CO 80540.
How to Sign Up
- Pay your trip deposit - click on the yellow Buy Now button below.
- Send us your trip paperwork.