Mayflower 400th Anniversary - A Taste of Plymouth, England
May 6 - 9, 2020
Trip Leader - Deirdre Butler
The Year 2020 marks the 400th anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower. More than 30 million people can trace their ancestry to the 102 passengers and approximately 30 crew who sailed on the Mayflower for a new life in the New World. In September of 1620 this group of people, who would become known as the Pilgrims, left their final stop in Plymouth to seek freedom to practice their religion and opportunity across the Atlantic. In the process many believe they laid the foundations for modern America.
We will visit the site where the Mayflower departed on her epic voyage and will explore some of the highlights of old town Plymouth.
Our accommodations are in an historic grand hotel dating from 1863, created to serve a growing demand for luxury accommodation in the early days of steam. It welcomed a busy flow of passengers arriving by rail and ocean liners. With its imposing Gothic building style, grand rooms with ornate interior details, and stunning sweeping staircase, it has welcomed many illustrious visitors including explorer, Ernst Shackleton, and his party who stayed here the night before departing on their famous Antarctic expedition in 1914.
This short getaway is primarily designed to offer rest and relaxation and gentle exploration of this historic location. Consider extending your stay in England and join us on our following trip in Cornwall, The Connoisseur’s Land’s End, May 9 - 17, 2020.
- Lodging in a 3-star historic hotel (double occupancy with en suite bath).
- All on-trip transportation.
- Entry fee to Plymouth Gin Distillery.
- Three breakfasts, three dinners.
- Local guides and gratuities.
What's Not Included:
- International airfare and in-country travel, pre- and post- trip.
- Two lunches.
- Beverages with meals.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for the trip leader are at your discretion.
Trip price: $660* per person | Deposit: $165 Single supplement: $156
* This special trip price is based on double occupancy of rooms. Same gender roommate will be assigned to participants traveling solo. If there is no available roommate to be assigned, the single supplement charge will become payable. Single supplements are limited. Your non-refundable deposit will hold your reservation. Either pay on line (credit/ debit cards accepted) using our secure PayPal payment system or write a check, payable to “Big Round World”, and mail it to: PO Box 1337, Lyons, CO 80540.
How to Sign Up
- Pay your trip deposit - click on the yellow Buy Now button below.
- Send us your trip paperwork.