July 16 - 24, 2020
Trip Leader - Gene Goldberg | Assistant Leader - Deirdre Butler
Stunning pale mountains rise abruptly from rolling green meadows. Villages dot the steep, narrow valleys. This UNESCO World Heritage Site has awed visitors for millennia. Come hike with Big Round World through an area many consider the most beautiful mountains on earth. Smaller than the neighboring Alps, these craggy mountains are readily accessible through a network of roads and ski lifts. Using our hotel in Cortina, Queen of the Dolomites and home to the 1951 Winter Olympics, as a base, our day hikes will enable us to experience some of the variety of the nine groups of mountains that make up the system. Our comfortable three star hotel is situated in the heart of town and convenient to many restaurants.
Suited to regular hikers who like to hike 5-8 miles daily over varied and sometimes challenging terrain, often steep, very rocky, and with occasional exposure to steep drop offs. Group size 10-14.
- All hotel lodging (double-occupancy with en suite bath).
- All on-trip land transportation and luggage transfer.
- All breakfasts, two lunches and seven dinners.
- Cinque Torri lift fee.
- Gratuities for local service providers.
- All hikes.
- 4 pre - trip bulletins prior to departure with more detailed and specific information to help you prepare for your adventure.
What’s not included:
- International airfare and in-country travel, pre- and post- trip.
- Most lunches, one dinner in Cortina.
- Beverages with meals.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for trip leaders are at your discretion.
Trip Price: $3,685 per person | Deposit: $921
Price is based on double occupancy of rooms. Same gender roommate will be assigned to participants traveling solo. Single supplements are limited. Your non-refundable deposit will hold your reservation. Either pay on line (credit/ debit cards accepted) using our secure PayPal payment system or write a check, payable to “Big Round World”, and mail it to: PO Box 1337, Lyons, CO 80540.
How to Sign Up
- Pay your trip deposit - click on the yellow Buy Now button below.
- Send us your trip paperwork.