June 13 - 20, 2020
Trip Leader - Lisa Sobieniak, Assistant Leader - Deirdre Butler | Trip Driver - David Ongley
One extraordinary ferry crossing. Two National Scenic Byways. Three remote mountain ranges. Four massive glaciers. Six wild rivers. Twenty hours of daylight. All this in eight days of wilderness exploration on the road less traveled in south-central Alaska. Under the midnight sun, wildlife and wildflowers abound. You’ll enjoy hiking through forests, meadows and over glaciers, encounter indigenous Alaskan cultures and learn about early exploitation of the area’s resources.
Join Big Round World on an excursion to the Wrangell-St.Elias National Park and Preserve, the largest national park in the country and one of the least visited. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park is part of an international world heritage site which contains some of the finest pristine wilderness in North America accessible by road.
Suited to the easy-moderate hiker with some more challenging sections. Group size 12.
Click here - Detailed Trip Itinerary:
- All lodging (double-occupancy). Note: Due to our remote location, on occasion, some of our lodgings may not include a bathroom en suite.
- All on-trip land transportation.
- All luggage transfers.
- All on-trip meals.
- Boat or kayak tour on Day 7.
- Gratuities for local service providers.
- 4 pre - trip bulletins prior to departure with more detailed and specific information to help you prepare for your adventure.
What’s not included:
- Airfare to/ from Alaska.
- Internal sightseeing flights.
- Beverages with meals.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for trip leaders are at your discretion.
Trip Price: $3,835 per person | Deposit: $959
Price is based on double occupancy of rooms. Same gender roommate will be assigned to participants traveling solo. Single supplements are limited. Your non-refundable deposit will hold your reservation. Either pay on line (credit/ debit cards accepted) using our secure PayPal payment system or write a check, payable to “Big Round World”, and mail it to: PO Box 1337, Lyons, CO 80540.
How to Sign Up
- Pay your trip deposit - click on the yellow Buy Now button below.
- Send us your trip paperwork.